Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New Blog for short stories, poems, reviews, chapters from Oz

Welcome to the new blog that I have created for anyone to share their short stories, poems, chapter viewing, book reviews or anything that really relates in any way to writing and storytelling. My intention is to maybe get enough good quality stories together to start publishing a zine on a regular basis.


I know that there are a lot of other sites out there that do the same kind of thing but I thought I’d create one for Australian stories. You don’t particularly have to be Australian but whatever you want to post should, in some way, relate back to Australia. However that is the only genre that applies. Your story could be sci fi, romance, detective, erotic, fantasy, children or even an erotic supernatural romance set in the distance future that involves solving a crime. As long as it has something to do with Australia. In fact I encourage you to submit any type of genre that you care. I like variety.


There are a couple of rules, this first being related to Australia. The second is I am in no way an editor so don’t submit anything until it is ready to be published on site. I will read the story and maybe correct any spelling mistakes that I see but that’s about it. And even then I will contact you prior to making the actual change.


I have friends who do edit and a really good at it, and I will be employing their help when it actually comes to publishing the zine, but until then the editing is up to you. On that note though if I think that the story is bad I may not publish it on the website. But it would have to be really bad for me to do that. And I have read some bad ones.


On that note if I put your submission up on this website it does not automatically mean you will get published in the zine. But there is a good chance.


Thirdly don’t expect payment unless I actually publish your story in a zine. And even then I won’t be paying much unless the zine does really well. I’m doing this for free just so anyone can get their stories out there and published. With the current situation where printed books are going it is getting harder and harder to get short stories published so think of this as a chance to get your work out there.

If you are interested and want to submit a story contact me at Jamie.hodder1@gmail.com. You must include your name (or the name you want credit for your submission to go under), a contact email address, the story, poem, book review or whatever it is you want published on the website. Oh yes and any tags you want your submission to go under. This is a blog after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment