Tuesday, October 11, 2011

foreplay - a poem by Warren Griffiths


I don't want to know...
About your past,
Your present,
Your future.
Your ex-boyfriends,
Ex-girlfriends.
What you did...
With your sister,
Your brother,
Your parents.
Last week,
Last month,
Last year,
Last lifetime.
I don't want to know...
About your politics,
Your religion,
What you like,
What you don't.
Your favourite colour,
Song,
Poem, (Unless it's one of mine).
Your best friend,
Worst enemy,
Who tried to sleaze onto last night.
Which incredibly handsome and interesting overseas visitor you met recently.
Who said what in Sociology.
I don't want to know...
Your star sign,
Your numerology,
The fact someone read your cards
and told you that you're going to be incredibly rich and famous one day.
I don't want to know...
Your address,
Your phone number,
Your name.
All I want to know is...
Whose house,
Who buys the condoms,
And what's for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment